Tuesday, July 20, 2010
In my recent hiatus from the bloggersphere, I missed out on an award given to me by my awesome blogger bud Rondal over at the Strange Kids Club. He presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award and being that I pride myself on ETMC's versatility, I really appreciate receiving this one. Especially coming from someone like Rondal.
Rondal and I are so on the same wavelength that is pretty f'n scary. We have many of the same likes, run on the same paths in the bloggerpshere and has interviewed some of the greatest blogs on the planet (still waiting for my interview R-Money to make it official, haha) that I truly appreciate as well. I mean this in all honesty, if you have somehow not visited one of the coolest blogs in the land, I urge you to check out the Strange Kids Club...for strange kids like me.
Now here are the rules for the award:
- Give thanks to the person who nominated you - Muchas Gracias mi hermano Rondal!
- List 7 things about yourself - Haha I get to bore you
- Give this award to 15 of your favorite bloggers - I'm doing 8 blue versatile blogs instead
So I covered SKC, now on to me. I'm not sure what I am supposed to talk about, so I will just write what comes to my mind:
1) I lived in the Philly area for 15 years then moved to Florida for 13 and have been back in the Philly area up to now. Guess I missed my real deal water ice, cheesesteaks and soft pretzels. Plus I prefer snow over destructive hurricanes.
2) Former Philadelphia Flyer and good guy Simon Gagne took me for a ride in his Lamborgini and did 200 MPH on the highway to impress me when he missed the sarcasm when I said that "going 120 MPH is not THAT fast". I thought we were going to end up in 1955.
3) I have worked in the video gaming, television, professional sports, pharmaceutical, network provider, and healthcare IT industries.
4) Pink Floyd is my favorite all-time band with no one close in second place. The music is otherwordly and they are the most influential and underrated bands of all-time. Funny that all of the original band members reunited in my city of Philadelphia at Live 8 in '05, coincidentally the same year I moved back.
5) I know I never talk about it on ETMC, but I love pro sports. I also have an unhealthy obsession playing fantasy sports. NERD ALERT! It's the bane of my wife's existence.
6) Keeping that in mind, I named one of my Cavalier King Charles Spaniels "Chase" after Philadelphia Phillies second baseman Chase Utley - who I admit to having a man-crush on.
7) My wife and I truly bonded on our first date after we started talking about how much we both love horror films. Knew it was a match made in heaven after that.
8) I have a strange superstition that even numbers are luck y numbers - that's why I am doing 8 facts instead of 7.
Now my worthy selections of the Versatile Award in no particular order:
1) The Non-Review - TS is one of the funniest mofos I have not had the opportunity to meet in person. His humor can make me laugh on a really crappy day with his bizarre and awesome take on things. Love his Non-Review posts and 7 Word Weekends too.
2) Just The Cheese - Jamie is a really smart and comical dude whose blog is blowing up faster than a 50 year old with hemorrhoids. I have pimped out his trivia games on ETMC before and I encourage you all to visit his site and take part in the fun.
3) Chuck Norris Ate My Baby - Matt is one of my longtime blogger buds who writes the most entertaining posts out there. Sometimes featured posts are hard to create, keep original and be effective but ol' boy Matty somehow always accomplishes this week after week since I started following him. Another must follow site!
4) Not Worth Mentioning - You want versatility? Look no further than Jesse's site. Every day is a new topic on probably some of the most strange yet original content in the bloggerverse. Definitely a great blogger that comments on other's sites as much as he posts on his own sites. And he does post often. I don't know where he comes up with his stuff but it is always worth indulging.
5) The Kid in the Hall - Morgan has created one of the newest blogs I have been following which did not take me too long to get hooked on. She has a great writing style and we like the same 80's flicks. Please check her out.
6) Life By Chocolate - Another great blogger I cannot say enough about. Robyn has an absolutely off the wall sense of humor and I love it! She has been doing some real good stuff over on her site recently and is an overall amazing writer. She can tell you a good story and make you laugh at the same time.
7) When is Evil Cool? - Chris took a leave from the blog world for some time but THANK ALL that he is back in business. Definitley a great blogger, a just as good blogger bud and a person who contains a great creative mind. He was missed by me, but now he has been back in business and kicking ass. Check out his new site as well: whenisevilcool.blogspot.com
8) Midnight Confessions - Reverend Phantom has such a well designed blog and has recently been incorporating his hilarious live reviews that need to be seen by all. His live reviews even inspired me to start working on my own video projects. If someone's work is insipring you to be more creative, you know just how talented that person truly is. Rev is also a helluva blogger bud to whom I owe one of my kidneys. Don't ask.
9) Bloggin' Bin Revue - Scot runs a site that is very much in the spirit of ETMC. We are blogs from another blog mother. He's currently on vacation right now (lucky bastard), but you need to check out his earlier posts. His work is great and I love how he reviews some really strange stuff in such an entertaining way. Please subscribe to his ever so awesome site.
10) One Crazy Brunette Chick - Another newer blog I have been following run by a foul-mouthed, crass and brutally honest chick. AND I LOVE HER FOR IT!!!! I honestly mean that in the nicest way. She goes on rants that make mine look like they came from pre-school. Whatever the topic, you know you are going to have some fun listening to her go off on a tangent. She even taught me some new insults that I have incorporated into my own vocabulary. Another can't miss site that's popularity is growing every day. She even went to Freddy in Space to comment on my guest post last month even though she had no idea what the hell Johnny and I were talking about. That's a real example of a really cool blogger bud!
11) Alex J. Cavanaugh - Alex is a wonderful talent and another amazing writer. He recently coordinated the Dirty Dozen of Film that I particpated in last month and even enjoyed my unique take on it...so you know he has good taste as well. A great intellect whose blog you should be reading.
12) Allisonwrites - Allison is not only a great blogger but is also a great personal friend. She definitely writes on various topics and even started up the Burger Blog with her fiancee, which is one of the coolest ideas ever. Even Bobby Flay himself is a fan! Intelligent and talented in writing and photography, she is the complete package when it comes to being versatile. I have mentioned her ad nauseum on ETMC and that is because her blog is one not to be missed.